Sunday, June 29, 2008

Good thing Ian's POTTY TRAINED,

It made it easier to SPANK his little bottom!!!


Let's start with the good, shall we? Ian is potty trained, yea!! It has been a week now and we went 5 days in a row without any accidents. He pooped his pants today, but hey, he can't be perfect right? The first day was pretty rough for both of us. Ian sat on the potty flexing every muscle in his body trying to hold back the pee and bawling until he finally just couldn't hold it anymore and it dribbled out. I got to sit in the bathroom with him for all his successful attempts--success meaning that he was able to hold off the pee until the sensation went away. I was in the bathroom for 2 hours! Thank goodness that only lasted a day. That day he went eight hours without peeing.


Here he is in some of his "Cars" underwear...there is more where that came from...Thomas the Train, and Spiderman too!!! We are really impressed and proud of him. We definitely underestimated his ability this time.


Now for a "typical" Ian moment. Last week he had A DAY. If you know Ian or you have any "Ianites" yourselves, you know what A DAY is. In between him punching Mae, pulling Mae's hair, flooding the bathroom by flushing the entire role of toilet paper down the toilet (when I say entire role, I mean cardboard tube and all--I got to fish that out with my hands), and annoying Mae and myself by repeating the same words over and over and over, Ian had "quiet time" in his bedroom. He was being very quiet in there, and I was foolishly impressed by it. The video explains the rest.



He got to sit in the corner while Mae and I cleaned up his room. You should have seen the boogers that came out of my nose after that!!!

10 comments:

Alesha said...

Oh you really have your hands full with Ian. Noah is and will be an angel, right?!?

Heather said...

I don't have an Ianite, but I have had some of those days. at least it wasn't poop all over his room!

Brynn said...

Oh my!! At least you got some quiet time for awhile. Way to go Ian for the potty training part at least!

Babe said...

How do you do it linds?!?!?!? I'm going to have to call you, so you can tell me how to potty train Tryston! I don't know where to start!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing!! Ian reminds me of Cooper when he was younger. I always got worried when my house got quiet. It rarely ment he was being good...but really mischivious. I had to keep telling myself when Cooper was younger...this stage can't last forever.

Crystal said...

I love the tone in your voice. Someday (it may be when Ian is old enough to have kids of his own) you'll laugh about this. He is a cute little stinker but I totally don't know how you handle him. You are a really good mom!

Melissa said...

It is horrible but I'm laughing right now because I have SO been there! Seriously!! Josh did that 3- yes 3 times before I finally learned my lesson and hid the powder really good. He did it the worst when we lived in our apartment off mcelroy- I took pictures and the whole room was foggy. We even had to throw toys away because they were too encrusted with powder that we couldn't get it out. It is a PAIN to clean up- especially on hardwood I bet. Oh I'm so sorry. But CONGRATS on the potty training! That is amazing! Good for you and for Ian!

Cami said...

I can totally see him doing this. I'm sure it smelled great after this.

DeAnne said...

Awesome! He's a superstar! Is this what I am in for with Kal? I better keep checking back so I can prepare myself mentally!

Congrats on potty training! We are still working on it with Jocie!

carly k said...

I love this kid!!!