Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Week in California!!

We spent a very fun week in California last week. My mom and Wendell rented some beach houses on Seal Beach and we spent time out on the beach, at Disneyland and California Adventure, and Mae even got to go with her dad to "Wicked"--and she loved it. Our trip started out with a plane ride which Ian was so excited about. This is the first time Ian has been on a plane since he understood how cool planes and trains and trucks are. We were asked at least 40 times a day when if he could go on a plane for about 5 days prior to going. The first picture posted here is Ian at the airport. We thought he looked pretty cute carrying his bag.


The weather was a little cold and pretty windy, but that didn't stop the kids from having a great time. They both got in the water a couple of times. Ian even ran down the beach and straight into the water before Wendell could get to him. Both Wendell and Ashlie ran as fast as they could and Ashlie finally pulled him out! Maybe next time we go we will have to put a life jacket on him at all times...though I really wish I could have seen Wendell running down the beach!!


Disneyland...what can I say but that kids loved it. We went for a day and a half. Mae got to eat lunch with the Princesses and Ian got to ride on a submarine, a train, a rocket, in a car, a bobsled, a tram, and on a boat. Both were in heaven. The first day Ian got so tired that he was out of control at the Princess lunch, because I had Noah the whole time poor Brad got to handle the beast. Thank goodness he fell asleep in the stroller not long after that. Those few hours is what prompted the half day the next day--we left for Disneyland after Ian's nap.

Noah spent the entire time in the sling and did amazing. I am tempted to hang the sling from the ceiling here at home so he will sleep as good as he did at Disneyland. I was surprised at home many rides I was able to go on with him.



I posted this picture, first because it is the only family picture we took the whole trip, but also so you can see how unhappy Ian is to be anywhere near this Bugs Life character Flick. We went and saw the 3D video there in California Adventure, and for those of you who have seen it, it is pretty scary in parts. Ian did okay in the movie, but he didn't want to even get near Flick after it. I don't think Ian will be choosing Bugs Life to watch anytime in the near future.


After the Matterhorn...



After a long day at Disneyland, the kids fell asleep on the way back to the beach house.



We had a great time in California and were sad to leave all of the family to come home...but hey, we got to ride another airplane (Ian has been asking to go on another since we got home).

Real life starts again for us this week. Brad goes back to school tomorrow, and I start back at work on Tuesday. For those of you who have asked how having three kids is, ask me again in a couple weeks.

Below I have posted a picture of Noah. It was taken before our California trip but I haven't posted one of him lately.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! What a fun weekend!! That all sounds so perfect!! We can't wait to take our kids to Disneyland, but we will wait until they are older- we told Josh he has to be 7 since that is still the childs price (if they didn't change it). Mae looks SO cute- and lunch with the princesses??? WOW That sounds adorable!! Glad you had a great trip and Ian didn't get swallows up in the ocean (or by flick, that is so funny)

Alesha said...

You are the cutest family ever! I can't believe you have 3 little ones! What a fun adventure and you look like you feel great Linds! What kind a of baby sling is Noah in? It looks really nice. Glad everyone had such a blast.

Crystal said...

So fun! It sounds like you guys were definately super busy. Your little guy is so cute. Love all that dark hair!

Jan's food said...

Thanks so much Brad and Lindsay for keeping us updated on everything! You guys are the greatest!
Grandma Foster

Melissa said...

Oh yeah and while Brandon was reading this he reminded me, I am SO SO jealous that you guys got to see Wicked!!! I love the soundtrack, my mom gave it to me for Mothers day last year. Someday I'll see it. Someday...
Sorry for the two comments!

Cami said...

What fun! my kids are so jealous. They keep talking about going, someday. i've been working on Roxie. I'm teaching an enrichment class tuesday about blogs. Hopefully she'll get enough questions answered and start one.