Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Need a Cure...

For these Wintertime Blues...

I think that it has snowed 7 of the last 10 days, and currently I cannot breath through my nose ( I am going on 4 days now), and I can't remember the last time my entire family attended church together two weeks in a row due to EVERY sickness known to man. It has been a winter, and its only half way done! I found myself looking back at pictures just to see grass and sun. Here are some that brought a smile to my face...

Ian's Birthday...isn't he cute

Three legged races at Gma and Gpa Campbell's...ahhh the capris and t'shirts. And Mae's hair was so cute back then, I think I will take her this week and get her a nice summer haircut.

Zions...hiking, the outdoors...

I can't help but smile when I see this picture. As a side note, this little BYU hat is missing, so if it is at your house--we would love it back!

It was soooo hot at this BYU game, but I would take it now...
Alright. So I am sick of being cold and sick and stuck in the house, but there is much to be greatful for. A little update:

Our fourth and (we think) final child is on the way, and we just found out it will be a BOY! Mae was less than thrilled about this, but that's life right? Eh, we will just get her a cat. Things look good with the pregnancy and Mae says that I am soo big that it looks like I could have the baby any day (I just started wearing maternity clothes 2 1/2 weeks ago).

Noah is out of his crib due to catapulting himself out of it in rage a few times. He and Ian now share a room, and Ian LOVES being on the top bunk. This has been a much easier transition than we expected.

Brad is finally not loving coaching basketball (he still likes it quite a bit, but like me is anxious to have a little more time at home soon--Just in time for him to help out with track).

We are loving our new home and have finally even painted a few rooms...you will all have to come see, we love visitors. I have many plans for this spring including a fence for the backyard and Brad putting up our swing set and installing a sand box, hopefully our tax return will come through for us.

So there it is...our life. Enjoy.


10 comments:

Cami said...

Tell Mae Gretchen feels her pain. Wish we were closer.

Heather said...

Yay! congrats on the new little one. What a lucky boy to be born into this family. I'm sorry you are stuck at home in the cold. before you know it, you will be wishing for snow again though. Thanks for the update.

Vanessa said...

Congrats on the new baby that's on the way! That's so exciting! It's so fun to see the pictures of your kids. They all look like they have grown up so much... I guess it's coming up on two years since we last saw you guys in Stillwater. Wow, time flies! Anyway, I'm glad things are going well with the job, house, and kids!

Alesha said...

Darling pictures of your family! Love how all the kids are a mess and Brad is in a clean white shirt still. Congrats again on a healthy baby boy. Also, awesome transition with Noah, too easy! Hope Dedrick does that well in a couple months?

Jen Holt said...

How exciting that you guys are having a boy!! Now watch we will have a girl and she will just have to play with all the boys! We really need to come see your house sometime. Maybe in the spring when there is no snow! We should have a family dinner at your house!! I am also ready for winter to be over, but then comes all the yard work.

Amber said...

Congrats on the new baby on the way! I'm so sorry that you are freezing--you can always take a LONG road trip to Texas to visit us and soak up some warmth (the high is 68 today :) )
Just remember, winter will eventually end--really, it will. I hope you get a little warmup soon!

James and Sandra said...

If you want to get away from the snow just come to Texas! We have been wearing shorts most of the 1 1/2 weeks we've been here. When I was all stuffed up Mucinex worked for me the best. My doctor said it was fine to take while pregnant, but it's up to you!

Michelle said...

Congrats on another boy! It's always good to hear that they are healthy and doing well. Good luck with the cure for the winter blues. I think we could use one too.

Melissa said...

That is awesome! Hooray for boys! That is great- but sorry Mae! My mom has been wishing for warmer weather and less snow too. She says- I just hate January. At least you miss out on ice storms- I'm sure you miss those! Hope warmer weather comes soon!

DeAnne said...

Congrats on the little boy! He will fit right in! Good luck, Mae!! Poor girl.

Snow. Snow. More snow. Snow is fun, but I HATE all the runny noses, coughs, etc. that come with it. Even worse is the cabin fever from being stuck inside all the time. I bet you have a ton of snow up there in the mountains.

We are having a record breaking snow fall this year in Canton: 28 inches so far just in February. Most of our primary reported building amazing snow forts in their yards. FUN!