Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mae!

So...

Mae had her big 5 B-day party last week... and we had a BLAST.

The morning of her birthday we all woke up to a breakfast of her choosing--Breakfast Burritos with sausage (a surprise to us because she usually wants waffles).


Later that day we all went to a nearby lake, had a picnic, rented a paddleboat, and sat around and watched while Mae demonstrated her swimming skills (something that she has come a LONG way in--last year at this time she was scared to put her face under water and cried any
time we washed the shampoo out of her hair).



After visiting the lake we headed home to watch a movie together with popcorn, rootbeer, and candy (the movie was Nancy Drew and Ian only lasted as long as the candy and popcorn did, but Mae loved it).


Finally Mae got to blow the candles out on her made-to-order-My-Little-Pony-pink-with-purple-flowers birthday cake and open her presents after a dinner of fire-roasted hotdogs and fresh fruit salad among other things.



Mae spent the waning evening hours before bedtime riding her new bike up and down the hallway and playing with her new Barbie and Barbie car in her bed (she fell asleep with her new stuffed horse in her arms). All in all she had a great birthday! Thanks to all of your for your presents and phone calls--she LOVES getting her own personal calls, but caller beware... Mae will not let you off the phone if you do call her because she has plenty to talk about.

10 comments:

Brynn said...

Wow 5 years!! Happy Birthday Mae! I love the pony cake, very cute...

Cami said...

I can't believe she is 5.
Happy Birthday Mae!

Heather said...

Wow, what a fun day! I think that sounds so fun I might do the same thing for MY birthday.

Melissa said...

Cute birthday! What a great day. I loved how Mae got to pick out ALL the details- what a perfect birthday! How fun!

James and Sandra said...

Sounds like Mae had a super birthday. Kari is loving watching Mae swim. She can watch your videos 100s of times. Mae is so brave in the water, I hope Kari will reach that point someday.

Alesha said...

You are such a cute family, what a memorable 5 year birthday!

carly k said...

I still remember the phone call I got telling me that she had been born and how much I already loved her! And then meeting her for the first time with all that hair!

I love your daughter!!

BK Sonico Family said...

I am excited because I just got your guys blog from Joyce. Looks like Mae had a great birthday. And that picture of your family at the top of your blog is so cute. I love it.

bjarnason family said...

Hey Foster Fam!
Stephanie Dewey sent me you blog site. I love it! Happy Birthday Mae, and congrats on your newest addition. You all look like you are enjoying your time in OK. We are loving the mild summer this year in OR and almost wishing for a little more heat. Ronny was remembering our football parties we used to have and the few we kept going last year. He is now worrying about how he is going to get the games this year. We will have to see what he comes up with.

Denise

whit said...

Happy Birthday Mae! It looks like it was an awesome day!

we got a new blog... bradandwhitney.blogspot.com