Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Funnest Ward Party Ever!!!


I had to work on the 4th of July, so our family kind of bagged the holiday. Brad put Noah and Ian down at their regular bed time (7:00), and let Mae stay up to watch the fireworks from our house. They didn't end up getting to see much due to the large trees in their way, but that was alright because Mae was more interested in the fireflies anyway.

Anyway....the next day totally made up for it. Our ward party was held at one of our ward member's home. This man is Oklahoma's version of Wendell. He rigged up a humongous slip and slide. This thing was amazing. (Apparently he has been doing this for years) They also had an awesome volleyball net, a blow up jumpy house thing for the kids, and their property backed up into a pond where we could swim. Our family spent almost the entire time on the slip and slide. We got there at 4:00 pm an left at 8:30 pm. Except for the short period of time that we were able to tear the kids away to feed them dinner, they were on that slip and slide. Brad and I had a great time too. There were plenty of people there willing to hold Noah so I was able to take a rare opportunity to really play with my kids...the kind of playing that is as fun for me as it is for them. I definitely need to do this more often. When we got home we all had grass and mud under our swimsuit...totally worth it.

I am already looking forward to them hosting another ward party!!









4 comments:

James and Sandra said...

It doesn't look like I'm the only one having fun. That slide looks awesome! Your kids are so stinkin cute. I can't wait to see you guys at the blessing. I love that you post so many videos so don't miss out on everything!

Emily said...

That slip n slide even puts sunbrook to shame! How fun. I totally agree about having a fun time 'playing' with your kids. To bad we have to do so much 'mom' stuff.

Cami said...

How fun!! So glad you were able to enjoy it with the kids.

Melissa said...

That was the best party! I still can't believe all the work and prep that had to go into that slide. Boy it was fun and Josh stayed on it the whole time too. You got some great shots and videos!! I'm sad I didn't take our camera!