Friday, February 8, 2008

What A Week!!

Well, I would have to say that I am glad that this week is over...Two sick kids, a mom on antibiotics for the mother of all UTI's, and an absent father/husband. That actually sums it up, but the details are what make it interesting, right?

The week started with me being up most of the night Monday. I was in the bathroom every 10 minutes from 12:30 to 4:00 am. Why didn't I call and get something from my doctor?? Because there is not a 24 hour pharmacy here in Stillwater, so I had to wait anyway.

So enough about my pee...we are all good there now. Mae has been out of school with a fever and cough since Tuesday. She and Ian have been waking up a few times every night crying which in unlike both of them. Then they were up at 5:30 ready to play. I thought Ian had dodged the sickness, but then....I was up with him last night for two hours with a Croupy cough...ahhh. Both he and Mae woke up this morning looking terrible. Their eyes were red and swollen and both had pretty bad coughs.

So that was our week...Brad has been completely absent from our home this week due to his first year PhD qualifying exam tomorrow (I did feel privileged to have his sleep next to me for 6-7 hours during the night though) Other than those hours of sleep and the short breaks he takes for meals, he has been studying for the exam and trying to keep up with his regular weekly load.
Does life ever slow down??? And will I feel like I am not a single mom ever again?

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I am so sorry! Like you need a week like that when you are getting ready for a newborn. Hope all goes well and you are all feeling great soon! Good luck to your husband on his exams!

Shanel said...

Maybe when Brad decides he is done with school! You are one tough cookie Linds.

Melissa said...

So Sorry about you all being sick! I've been there, except the last time with me I found out I was allergic to the antibiotics and had hives and "flu" symptoms for another week- it was the worst ever- I hope that doesn't happen to you. Glad Brad will be done soon and you'll have a husband back- aren't they the best? It is horrible to feel like a single mom but at least you know you aren't. Feel free to drop Ian off whenever you want, we'll just lock him up like we do in nursery every week anyway! Just kidding!

Jan's food said...

WOW I remember, like it was yesterday! I remember handing the baby off to each other as we would come and go, but now instead of them being bad memories or ones you would like to forget, they are treasured ones! HANG IN THERE!!