Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our sick little boy


Though he appears VERY happy on Valentine's day (we each had a banana split for dessert), Ian has been a sick little boy since.


Ian has been pretty sick for the past week or so. We tried to get him feeling better with some of our own stuff but after a few nights of very little sleep for any of us (except for Mae--who can seemingly sleep through anything), we finally decided to get him checked out.

It turns out that he has tonsilitis, and an ear infection in both ears--poor kid!

It is really sad to see him with his swollen eyes and little voice coming out of his swollen throat. However, now that we have some antibiotics, we think he will be getting better--at least we hope he will soon.
Also, I just wanted to post this picture of Mae--her dad got her some of her own flowers for Valentine's day and she absolutely loved them!

7 comments:

Brynn said...

So sad! I feel so bad when they are sick, cuz they just don't quite understand. I like the picture of him in his sweats and his blanket. Cute.

Shanel said...

How do you get that? Poor Ian. This has been the never ending cold season for Lucy. Brad you are so cute for doing that, I always got something fun from my Dad on V-Day.

Anonymous said...

Hey! the Burrs told me yesterday at church that she came across my blog... anyways so I went their blog and found yours! fun fun! your kids are adorable! tell May hello!

Melissa said...

I really hope he feels better soon for you and him. We sure missed him in nursery yesterday. It was just four little girls and it was pretty quiet. Mae is the CUTEST girl I have ever met. She is such a doll and that picture of her is so darling!

carly k said...

Your kids just crack me up! I love them!

Cami said...

Poor Ian! Hope he is feeling better. Mae looks so big with those flowers. What a fun dad!

DeAnne said...

I hope Ian is all better! That was sweet of Brad to get Mae some flowers! I bet she will always remember that. Way to go, Brad! Keep up the good work Lindsay; it is hard to take care of sick kids on top of being pregnant!