Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm officially a Soccer Mom!


Let me first start out by saying that Mae insisted that her shin guards show, so since it was cold we got this cool fashion statement above...

Today was Mae's first soccer game, and it was a lot of fun watching the complete chaos. Kids were picking the ball up and rolling it down the field, and Mae spent most of the first half watching the game; she did take a moment to do some twirling in the exact opposite corner of the field where the play was going on. Brad worked with her a little at half time, and her playing improved immensely...so much in fact that she scored a goal!!!! I actually go it on video below. A quick disclaimer about the video--it was my first time using our camera as a video and I didn't know that you couldn't turn it sideways like I do when I am taking pictures with it...so sorry, but it does turn right side up for the most important part.






It was driving Ian crazy to have to sit and watch the game, so at half time we let him out of his stroller to play with the ball(strapped in the stroller is the only way we can get him to sit anywhere and not run off or get into things) . We were completely impressed when he ran up the the ball dribbled it almost the entire length of the field and kicked it in the goal...all without any encouragement from us. He picked all this up by watching the first half; we have never played soccer with him before. Just when you think your child doesn't absorb anything you say....Well at least now I know that he does pick up on things quite easily, he just chooses to ignore ME 99% of time. Well anyway...we may have a soccer star in our family. We will definitely start him in soccer next summer.

12 comments:

Shanel said...

Oh my...I can't believe it...a soccer mom? Wow how time passes fast. Mae did great!

Alesha said...

It is hard to believe Mae is old enough to play soccer. Great job Mae!

Cami said...

I'm still not a soccer mom and Hunter's 10. He's not much into soccer. Is there such a thing as a football mom? If so that would be me. I can just see Mae doing her twirls. Now you can get Ian in the backyard doing some soccer instead of tearing up the house.

Melissa said...

She looks so cute and that is quite the fashion statement- what a goal too! I love that story of Ian- that is so awesome- what a soccer star! Oh and Brandon thoroughly enjoyed that BYU post down there- he noticed it today. And also, I forgot to ask you yesterday, does Sis. Poulson think your name is Mindy? I noticed that she kept calling you that at the shower- I thought it was kind of funny.

carly k said...

That girl cracks me up! What a little stinker! That is cool that Ian picked up on the game so easily!

Jack & Ashley Waters said...

Brad,
Is there any time over the summer when you may be in Beaver? We are trying to plan a camping trip hiking into blue lake it would be sweet if you could come.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeAnne said...

Go Mae! Isn't soccer fun? Cool fashion statement. That is ironic that Ian picked up the whole concept of the game by watching a bunch of kids who had no clue. I bet he was just itching to get out there and show them how to do it. Looks like you have 2 soccer stars on your hands!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Fails Family said...

Lindsay. I am sorry about Brad and all of the BYU talk. I can't believe he is still placing that stuff on your blog. If you need some one to help you defend the Utes I am there. Brad, I should have sent you a Utah T-shirt for you birthday and have you wear it on your graduation date from BYU to show your true friendship to me. Looks like things are going good with the Fosters in Oklahoma. I was going through some past post of ours and you wanted my e-mail address. I don't remember if I sent it or not, so here you go.
fail3939@yahoo.com

kourtney said...

Hi Lindsay, it's Kourtney (hartung) Dalley. I was a dorky science girl back in the day, we were in Mr. Parker's class together. Anyway, I just happened upon your blog and I love that you are a soccer mom. You have a great little family. Congrats on baby #3 almost here. You can check me out http://wearedalicious.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.