Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Our Christmas Party, and Christmas Day...

So... it all started with a nice Christmas fondue dinner (we totally stole that as our new Christmas tradition, Jeni) and making a batch of cookies for Santa. Ian and Mae had a great time decorating the cookies--and eating a bit of the frosting too. Mae was VERY excited to be decorating the very cookies that Santa would be eating that night. I tried to convince her that Santa liked chocolate cookies, but Lindsay was in favor of the nicely decorated sugar cookies--they were yummy too.


Being our first Christmas on our own we were very excited to get our kids started with some traditions that we hope to carry on through the years. We all dressed up and preformed the nativity while I read from Luke chapter two. Lindsay came up with great costumes for us all, and, as you can see, Ian had lots of fun with it--Mae took her role as Mary very seriously.


Though Ian kept tugging his head gear off, he and Mae really enjoyed playing their roles. I think that they both make a great Mary and Joseph.


Christmas morning came and so did SANTA! Mae got a really cool Madame Alexander doll (which, obviously, she loves) and Ian was totally excited to get right to work on playing with his new train set. Mae also got to open some great toys and clothes from our family (thank you all) and she even got some Barbie: Island Princess breakfast cereal from me--I love getting everyones favorite cereal. Lindsay got Captain Crunch Berries, Ian got Peanut Butter Crunch, and Lindsay bought me some Reece's Puffs...Mmmmmmm!


Ian was so occupied by his train set that he wouldn't stop to open anything else. Mae had to open a few of his toys just so that they would not go unnoticed. I helped Ian with his train set most of the day--if Lindsay or I ever heard a loud scream and a whine from his bedroom we knew that he was having a hard time getting the train to stay on the track. He is getting the hang of it, though.



Ahhhh, the Christmas mess! Add to this some animal crackers ground up into the carpet, a few orange peels, a pile of pine needles, and boxes galore--we couldn't even see our carpet for a few hours!


Though he thinks of himself as a superboy at times, Ian couldn't keep up with his own will. He finally gave in to fatigue on his bedroom floor cuddled up to his blanket while playing to the last moment with his new train set. What great kids!

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Wow, I have so many things to comment on. I'll list a few...
1. I love how Jesus is black.
2. Ian looks very very handsome in the swimming picture.
3. I would too pick Captain Crunch as my favorite cereal.
4. I loved seeing you at Shanel's.
Glad you had a merry christmas.

Emily said...

Good Posting. I love the pictures. Isn't Christmas fun with kids. It was great to see you linds while you were hear, but We need to get together again, since your one assignment was not completed :) Keep the great posts coming. I love it.

Cami said...

What a great time. I'm so glad you got to do Christmas at your house. We have only done Christmas at our house so I don't know what it's like to not be home for Christmas morning. Lindsay your looking great. Are you able to exercise? I can't say enough how grateful I am that we could exercise while I was pregnant. Thanks!! Miss you guys!