Sunday, January 11, 2009

A New Year a New Home...

So we are finally here in Utah. The move went well. I ended up flying with the kids and Brad drove the moving truck and towed our car behind it. All happened without incident--which is all you can hope for, right? We moved into my parent's basement (one bedroom) apartment. All three kids are set up in the bedroom, and Brad and I have our bed in the family room...it actually works out really well. Here we will be until we first sell our house in Oklahoma, and secondly until we know where Brad will be working so we can start to look for another home.

I started my job a few days after we got here. I made it through the first week which is all orientation and I start orienting the floor I will be working tomorrow. I will be working three 12 hour shifts 6 pm to 6 am...if you ever come across me and I am not the most pleasant person--just assume I am slightly sleep deprived. Brad is going to be staying home the youngins. He did great this last week, he got Mae registered for her new school here and I am having a hard time getting used to him knowing more of whats going on with her homework and school things than I do.

Things are good...we will miss all of you in Oklahoma, but are excited to see more of those in Utah!

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow. Moving can be so crazy... I'm glad it all went smoothly for you guys. Good luck with selling your home and getting settled in Utah. I hope things fall into place for you guys!

Cami said...

So excited that you are closer than before.

Melissa said...

Glad you are all settled and glad you survived the drive! Way to go with the new job- hope you get used to the hours and everything. We picked up your key so just let us know what needs to happen. We keep trying to spread the word and hope for the best for you guys! We sure miss you! We had 3 new families move in so it made things a little better, but no one can replace you guys- especially Ian. Josh even said, mom- Mae wasn't there. I really miss her. So cute. Have fun in Utah! We lived in Brandon's parents basement for a year so we can totally relate. Sure saves money though!

Heather said...

we are glad you guys are back. good luck with everything!

i am heidi said...

Sounds like you guys have been having some fun!! This ones for Brad... you asked me to buy you some seasoning and Junipers!! What was the name of it and how many? I can bring it home next weekend!!

Shanel said...

Yes, we are so excited for you to be here. "I know...I know what you know, right."

James and Sandra said...

Yay! We are so excited to have only a drive away! See ya next weekend.

sharon said...

glad to hear yo are settled in Utah. Moving can be so difficult with little ones in tow. We miss you in Relief Society. Rona Stewart has taken your place as teacher. She is really scared about speaking in front of people. Last sunday was her first sunday to teach. she did pretty good. Good luck in all you do. Aubrey's samuel is getting so big and getting into EVERYTHING!!. We sure love him. keep in touch
the hillocks